The knee joint is subjected to significant loads for most of the human life.
Although this articulation is very strong, it is quite vulnerable before injuries and internal risk factors.
If the knee swollen, its treatment depends on the symptoms: pain intensity, possible temperature increase, tumor localization.
How to give first aid and conduct diagnostics?
There are various reasons that they swell their knees, and the treatment of this pathology depends on the accurate diagnosis.
Why there is a knee swelling - possible pathologies:
- The tension of the ligaments - the pain arose after injury, with a support for a solid surface, it increases, the limb is not bent, a crunch is heard when the joint palpation is heard;
- injury with a displacement of a knee cup - it's hard to break the leg, a walking, the extension of the leg is impossible;
- Tendinitis, or inflammation of tendons - pain appears after load, swelling is insignificant, localized from the inside of the joint;
- Osteoporosis - first the pain is minimal or no at all, then it becomes unbearable, the inflammation of the tendons is joined, a fracture is possible when loading;
- Bursit - the movement of the legs are difficult, the knee is hypereated and deformed, when they feel it is heard a crunch;
- Rheumatoid arthritis is difficult to perform bending movements, the knee has flushed and hot to the touch;
- Baker's cyst - the muscles are blocked, the knee swell on the back side, it is difficult to bend and blends the leg;
- Menisk cyst - small cysts are located near the articular slit, when flexing the limbs, they disappear, with time swelling and hyperemia joins;
- Gout - Itching in the knee joint joins the edema and complexity during bending, the person feels weakness, constipation and increased sweating appear;
- Rheumatoid arthritis - pain is intensified in the morning, occurs with each movement, the swelling of the tissues does not fall;
- Septic arthritis - body temperature is raised, the knee joint is hyperemic, swelling and pain grow.
If there are similar features, qualified medical care is required.
If the knee is swollen and hurts when flexing, and treatment for various reasons can immediately get it impossible, you need to give prefigure.
Methods of first aid with a knee edema:
- limit the load on the affected limb;
- create maximum peace;
- For a short time (20-30 minutes), attach a cold compress to the joint;
- To relieve pain make a iodine "mesh", an alternative is a compress from equal parts of iodine, camphor, alcohol and 10 analgin tablets.
These urgent measures do not dispose of the need to appeal to orthopedic, surgeon or osteopath.
After collecting anamnesis, before prescribing treatment with a swollen knee, it will recommend to pass the following diagnostic methods:
- X-ray of the damaged limb;
- Computer or magnetic resonance tomography;
- blood tests;
- Sustain puncture for taking synovial fluid.
According to the results of the study, the doctor will appoint conservative or surgical treatment.
Methods for restoring the functions of the joint
There are several directions of treatment with a swollen knee - from conservative therapy to radical surgical intervention.
The destruction of the knee joint causes the need to remove particles of damaged cartilage.
In order not to cause new foci of inflammation and does not injure soft tissues from the inside with these particles, arthroscopy is appointed.
With the help of the arthroscope, the surgeon removes particles of cartilage tissue, shanks the articular bag.
With significant damage, the joint is performed, replacing it on an artificially created design.
If the knees swallow and hurt, the treatment depends on the pathology that caused swelling.
Most often, complex therapy is assigned to the pain relief, removal of inflammation and restoration of bone tissue, including:
- the use of injections, drugs from various medicinal groups (antibiotics, steroids, anti-inflammatory agents based on NSAIDs, vitamins);
- the use of warming and painkillers;
- Immobilization of the joint;
- wearing orthoses;
- Compliance with diet.
With a timely prescribed treatment, the damaged joint is restored almost completely.
In case of injury, the knee of a small severity is used by the following recipe for traditional medicine:
- Mix on a teaspoon of soda, salt, honey and 5 yeod drops.
- Attach pre-knee warming compress.
- Apply the cooked mixture on the joint, heat heat.
- After 15 minutes, wash off warm water, wipe dry skin.
- Repeat daily for 4-5 days.
In the arthritis of the knee joint, the following people's recipe is used:
- Mix in tanks from dark glass with a volume of 0.5 liters of camphor and 160 ml of turpentine.
- Add vodka, vegetable oil (160 ml), mix thoroughly.
- Over the night rub the mixture into the joint.
- After rubbing to bite your knee wool cloth.
If the knee swollen and hurts - the treatment of edema with alcohol tincture:
- Mix in equal proportions of lilac flowers, wormwood, cleanliness and fill in a mixture with a tank half.
- Pour vodka to the shoulder vessel, insist 30 days in a warm place.
- Mix 50 ml of tincture and vegetable oil, shake.
- Rub into a knee joint several times a day, warmly wrapped after rubbing.
This procedure should be repeated for greater efficiency during the week. Additionally, warm baths with tincture of mint, fir, sabelnik, eucalyptus are used.
Causes of inflammation in the joint of the crankspidia of inflammation of the joint of the chenakak to treat inflammation of the joint
Inflammation of the joint of the knee - this is a protective process of the body . It can provoke it as penetration of the pathogen (for example, infection) or a traumatic fragment (for example, a bone fraum or a gourcic crystal of uric acid) and simply the presence of damaged, destroyed cells in tissues (due to injury, oxidative shock during stress).
The inflammation of the knee joint prevents the usual lifestyle and without timely treatment can bring to disabilities.
When inflammation of the joint knee, immune cells begin to be grouped in the field of lesion and destroy the irritant (after all, the products of the decay of their own cells should also be output).
It seems that everything is fine: the body has its own mechanisms to combat the stimulus, and no drugs from the inflammation of the knees are not needed. If it were not for a few "but":
- Even with the high activity of immune agents, the dead cells still distinguish enzymes that begin to damage nearby fabrics (the inflammation edge as it is waving);
- Due to the fact that the cells in the inflammation zone cannot function normally, the non-composite products of their metabolism lead to clusters in acid tissues - it provokes their further destruction;
- The further inflammation comes, the longer it takes the rehabilitation of the affected area - after all, hormones, blood cells are involved in the process, the pathological process affects the work of nerve endings, free radicals are accumulated in the tissues.
Therefore, it is impossible to leave your organism one on one with the enemy: he, of course, will win, but not with small blood and not without consequences. How to treat the inflammation of the knee joint?
Reasons for inflammation in the knee joint
Inflammation in the knee area is not always due to damage to cartilage or joint architecture. Call it may change in the normal operation of the muscular-ligament apparatus (for example, mositis) or nerves. Also, the inflammatory process can also begin not in the knee joint, but directly in the bone - for example, with osteomyelitis. Typically, such pathologies are conjugate with necrotic changes in bone and cartilage tissue.
But the most common cause of "inflammatory" pain in the knee area is structural and functional disorders in the knee joint.
They can be called:
- infectious diseases;
- Metabolic and endocrine disorders (gout, diabetes, hormonal failures);
- autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic red lupus);
- Vascular diseases of the lower extremities (varicose veins, thrombosis);
- the impact of vibration or other microtraumatic sources;
- improper nutrition (especially poor vitamins A, B, C, E);
- excessive loads (for example, when transferring weights or sports);
- chronic stress;
- supercooling or overheating;
- Wearing uncomfortable shoes.
Even if the focus of pathology is, for example, in soft tissues, inflammation can always "transfer" to the joint, as if a forest fire, even from a small hematoma. Therefore, it is so important to treat any occasional inflammation and damage (articular bags, meniscovs, ligaments, nerves, bones, knee cups) and systemic infections (cholecystitis, pneumonia, urethritis, endometritis) at the first symptoms.
Inflammation of the knee joint in arthrosis
Arthrosis is a degenerative dystrophic disease that strikes the articular cartilage and bone head . In the absence of treatment, it leads to the battle and complete immobility of the joint, i.e., disability.
The knee joint is one of the most vulnerable in front of arthrosis, since it is experiencing a high load daily. Even if you are not running or jumping, but simply work in an uncomfortable posture for a long time or little moving, the risk of disease increases.
Explicit signs of inflammation in the arthrosis of the knee - swelling, hot skin, redness and stiffness - as a rule, appear already at the 2nd stage of the disease.
Therefore, it should be consulted in the appearance of pain and discomfort in the knee after exercise, which pass as trembling - then the drugs from the inflammation of the joints of the knees are most effective.
Inflammation of the knee joint in arthritis
Arthritis of the knee joint is an inflammatory process that occurs in the articular bag due to injury, infection or for another reason, which violates the metabolism in the knee .
In addition to pain and stiffness, the arthritis often has a common weakness, an increase in temperature, swelling. The skin over the knee becomes painful and destructive, blushes. In contrast to pain during arthrosis, painful syndrome in arthritis is only enhanced at rest - increases at night and by the time of awakening, during fixed work.
The arthritis diagnostics requires its reasons. For this, the doctor can prescribe X-ray, MRI or CT, a common and biochemical blood test, puncture of synovial fluid.
Inflammation of the joint of the knee during the bursts and tendinites
Bursitis is inflammation of the articular bag with synovial fluid, which often occurs on the background of injury, infection or gout . The main symptom of bursitis is a strong pain when driving in the joint. The knee will noticeably swell, it can be sick when touched to the skin. For accurate diagnosis of bursita, in addition to inspection, ultrasound or sinovial fluid fence may be required.
Already mentioned reasons may cause both tendinite - inflammatory-dystrophic disease. It is characterized by an acute or burning pain during and after movement, stiffness in the joint, muscle tensions and ligaments. Edema with the formation of a characteristic "node" is a characteristic, but optional symptom of this pathology.
In the absence of treatment of bursitis and tendenitis, they can go to Periatritis - inflammation of tendons, muscles and ligaments around the knee, which gives pain with any burden on the joint.
Inflammation of the joint of the knee in hondropathy and the defeat of the meniscus
Hondropathy is a collective name for a number of diseases associated with impaired metabolic disorders in cartilage tissue. Often, diseases are often caused by diseases associated with the synthesis of collagen, the anatomical features of the structure (for example, innate and acquired permanent deformities). Due to the weakness of the cartilage tissue and the improper distribution of the load of the articular cartilage begins to collapse. Muscle fibers and ligaments can fall into the articular gap, which leads to their injury, the appearance of hemorrhages and the development of inflammation. For Hondropathy, the feeling of friction is characterized while trying to bend the knee, pain when pressed, the swelling of the joint.
Excessive flexion or extension, peeling movements in the knee can lead to inflammation of the meniscus and its further degeneration. For damage to the meniscus, the sharp pain, swelling, the joints of the joint, click and the feeling of the foreign body in the knee when moving.
Stage of Inflammation of the Knee Sustain
Any inflammatory process has 3 stages:
- Alteration is actually damage;
- Exudation - the formation of edema in tissues;
- Proliferation - cell reproduction and restoration of affected fabrics.
In the case of knee, this process has its own feature. The cartilage tissue grows very slowly, even with the condition that the occasional metabolism flows normally. In the case of inflammation, the destroyed plot of cartilage in the knee joint can be recovered only partially or (in old age) not to recover at all.
Therefore, it is also worth allocating 3 stages of the inflammatory process in the knee joint:
1 Stage : Weak pain, stiffness of movements, in the morning you need to "diverge", the patient seems to be the joints of the uncomfortable posture of sleep.
2 Stage : Evenkers appear, pain is enhanced, especially after exercise, the skin temperature over the joint increases.
3 Stage : The mobility of the joint is strongly limited, pain torments patients both in motion and at rest, the performance of household problems without receiving potent painkillers is impossible.
Inflammation in the knee joint can be both sharp (from 3 days to 3 weeks) and chronic (over 3 weeks). Both of these states need to be immediately treated and eliminating causes.
The acute inflammation in the knee makes it necessary to know the pain (sometimes a non-cutting or cutting, and sometimes cutting, shooting), convulsive muscle twitching, swelling, redness of the skin over the joint, local increase in temperature. Often the sore joint becomes difficult to bend or bleed completely. Patients are seriously standing for a long time, a feeling of stiffness or a desire to protect the knee appears.
How to treat inflammation of the knee joint
Treatment of inflammation of the joint of the knee aims to remove painful sensations, elimination of edema and prevent complications. It is also important to restore the metabolism and microcirculation of blood in the near-hand fabrics, protect the cartilage cloth from destruction and stimulate its recovery.
Complex treatment of inflammation of the knee joints will give the most stable result in getting rid of pain.
In the early stages, a purely conservative treatment of inflammation in the knee joints is carried out:
In the presence of large foci of erosion, cracks and chips, massive exudate clusters, as well as over-the-articular cracks with osteophytes, is carried out operational treatment of inflammation in the knee joint with:
- grinding cartilage;
- Okolossertova osteotomy;
- Partial or complete endoprosthetics.
Also, the inflammation helps the introduction of synovial fluid to the joint prostheses.
In addition to the main treatment, you need to adhere to the recommendations of doctors about the orthopedic regime:
- Wear comfortable low-heeled shoes;
- Try not to sit for a long time in the post "foot leg";
- Strengthen the muscles and unload the knees with the exercise "Bike" at the first opportunity;
- Dress up the weather.
Physiotherapeutic techniques with inflammation of the knee joint are aimed at combating edema, painful syndrome and trophic disorders, normalization of blood circulation and metabolism, strengthening muscles and ligaments, returning the mobility joint. This uses:
- low-frequency pulsed currents (amplipuls);
- UHF therapy (currents of ultra-high frequency);
- electrophoresis (with preparations from inflammation of the knees of knees);
- ultrasound therapy;
- Radon, hydrogen sulfide baths and other balneological procedures;
- paraffin therapy.
Before the course of physiotherapy, you need to get a director of the doctor: some techniques can only enhance inflammation.
Massage when inflammation in the knee is shown only after the exacerbation is removed. If the skin is sensitive and painful, there is a unbearable injury, any massage effect is strictly contraindicated!
In other cases, the patient is recommended to pass the medical classical and lymphatic drainage massage from a rehabilitol specialist. The standard therapeutic course is 10 sessions.
With the permission of the doctor, the light self-massage with external drugs from inflammation in the joints of the knees can be done at home to improve tissue trophics. It is not necessary to massaging the sick knee itself, but the whole leg from the hip before the ankle joint, performing rotational movements without a strong pressure within 10-15 minutes. Even if inflammation was diagnosed only in one knee, both needed to massage. Massage should be performed 1 time per day and stop at the first unpleasant sensations.
Therapeutic gymnastics After inflammation of the knee joint is performed with the greatest caution and under the supervision of the instructor. You can start the exercises with the complete absence of pain syndrome (including when flexing) and muscle atony, as well as effusion in the joint. Loads are constantly increasing, and rehabilitation implies 3 stages.
Passive strengthening (up to 1.5 months).
- The patient sits on the floor with a smooth back, legs straight. The knee cup slowly climbs up the thigh muscles, and is fixed at the top point for a few seconds.
- Source position - lying on the back, hands on the seams, on the legs of weakness. Bend a healthy leg (the stop is on the floor), the patient slowly raise up (socks pull to yourself) to 45 degrees to the floor. Fix the position for 3-5 seconds.
- I.P. - Lying on the stomach, legs straight, hands along the body. Bend the leg in the knee joint by 45-90 degrees and delay for 5 seconds.
Active rehabilitation (1.5-2 months).
- We carry out shallow squats, how much allows the condition of the joint.
- I.P. - Standing, hands on the belt. We make soft, smooth attacks and back and back alternately with both legs.
- It is desirable: Mahi with an expander (fix the loop on the foot, and the expander is fixed at about 20 cm from the floor). I.P. - Standing, hands on the belt, back straight. When performing, trying to pull the sock on yourself.
Final rehabilitation (up to 4 months).
At this stage, classes on the simulator are recommended. If there is no such possibility, we do the following exercises:
- I.P. - Sitting on a chair, spin smooth. Bend and extend the legs before the appearance of burning or ripples.
- I.P. - back to the wall. "Let's go down" down, bending legs about 60 degrees and fix in this position for 30 seconds.
- I.P. - Standing in front of the chair, hands on the back. Holding for the back, gradually quit, so that the thigh is perpendicular to the floor.
Preparations from inflammation of the joints of the knees
How to remove inflammation from the joint of the knee? For the treatment of inflammation, local agents are used in parallel, drugs for oral administration. With a generalized or extremely strong inflammatory process, a doctor can add injections. When the joint is infected with antibiotics, antimicrobial agents, sulfonamides are prescribed.
There are several groups of drugs that are prescribed with inflammation of the knee joints.
For the treatment of inflammation in the joints of the knee, non-steroidal products and glucocorticoids are used (in severe cases).
The following NSAIDs are taken by courses for 10-12 days:
Among the GC for the treatment of joints is most effective:
Chondroprotectors When inflammation of the knee are designed to protect the cartilage tissue from damage, put the necessary substances to strengthen the synovial cartilage and ligaments. They help reduce pain and inflammation, prevent exacerbations in the future, maintain the volume of movement.
Doctors prescribe to the treatment of inflammation in the joint of the knee preparations based on chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate:
- by arthrics;
- chondroitin complex;
You can take them in advance, for the prevention - then a question to remove inflammation from the knee joint, with a high probability, will bypass you.
In inflammation spasms are expressed in involuntary contractions that can cause severe pain, as well as in non-coming muscle tension. They worsen tissue trophics and joint mobility.
- drootaverine (but-shp);
Planting products and microcirculation proofreaders
Heating and ceiling funds are very important in the treatment of inflammation of the knee joint: they expand the vessels and increase blood flow to the affected area. And therefore, more immune cells and nutrients will reach the target, the swelling will decrease, the pain will decrease. In order to support loaded vessels (especially with massive inflammation), in parallel, angioprotectors are taken in parallel - in the treatment of inflammation in the joints of the knee of drugs play the role of supporting therapy.
Preheating ointments, gels and creams:
- Viprosal and apizartron (in the absence of allergy to bee poison);
- capsicles or espol;
- Balm "Star";
- Gel "Horsepower" for joints.
- horse chestnut extract;
Food with inflammation of the knee joint
With the inflammation of the joints, a diet is recommended, which normalizes the production of prostaglandins and antibodies - the main agents of inflammation in our organism. Therefore, the menu must contain a large amount of vitamins A, B, C and E, polyphenols and flavonoids, essential fatty acids. For this you need to eat:
- milk products;
- Vegetables (except potatoes) and fruits;
- Whole grain products and dishes made of wheat.
Meat is also important for the restoration of the joint, but there is only a non-fat (preferably, a bird or a rabbit), cooked for a pair or in foil. During inflammation, the best avoid fried, salt, sweet, sharp products - snacks, sausages, confectionery.
It is important not to starve: break the daily food rate on 5-6 receptions. Be sure to drink clean water - over 2 liters per day.
Now that you know everything you need about the treatment of inflammation in the knee joint, we recommend doing prevention - because the disease is easier to prevent!
Images Designed by Freepik
What if the knee is swollen and hurts, reasons, effective treatment
If the knee is swollen and hurts - life turns into hell. It is impossible to walk, but even just lying or sitting seems incredibly difficult. What are the causes of pain and how to get rid of them?
Causes and treatment of pain in the knee joint
It's important to know! Doctors in shock: "Efficient and affordable remedy for joint pain exists ..." Read more ...
Swollen, root and not bend the knee can at various diseases. The most common reasons:
For each pathology, their symptoms are characterized, therefore, if the knee is swollen, it does not bend and hurts, pay attention to such moments: as pain manifested, its character and duration, after which the knee began to root - it is connected with the physical activity or injury, in what The moment of the cloth around the knee began to swollen.
The treatment of the swollen knee should be engaged in the doctor. It will establish the cause of pain, prescribes treatment.
In the period of exacerbation, the knee gout highly swells, the skin redness is observed.
The treatment of gouts with pain in the knee is to normalize the metabolism of uric acid in the body. This is achieved:
- changing the diet;
- an increase in physical activity;
- reception of drugs.
At the time of the attack, the preparation of colchicine will help, it will reduce the duration of the attack. In the intervals between the attacks it is necessary to take physiotics, strictly observe the diet.
Washing out calcium from bones makes them fragile and less dense. Because of this, cracks or fractures arise, and the knee joint can be very swollen and root.
Since the bones are fragile, the risk of recurrent fractures and cracks. With osteoporosis, the knees hurt and swell all the time.
Independent treatment of pain in the knee is to change the lifestyle. Eliminates the well-being proper nutrition, rejection of bad habits, a gradual increase in physical activity. These measures are aimed at improving the state of bones in the knee joint, an increase in their firmness and reducing porosity. Medical treatment of osteoporosis of the knee joint can only be assigned a specialist.
If the knee is swollen, it hurts, not bended, there are suspicions of osteoporosis - consultation of a specialist is obligatory. Osteoporosis is a very insidious disease, its manifestations in the knee joint - only a small part of the iceberg.
This is the process of inflammation of the tendons of the knee. The knee hurts enough in the area of the lower part of the patella, the edema is clearly expressed. Characteristic stupid pains in the initial stage after exercise, and during the progress of the disease - and during the load, and before it.
The cause of inflammation may be infection, calcium exchange disorders, excessive physical exertion on their feet.
"Doctors hide the truth!"
Even the "running" problems with joints can be cured at home! Just do not forget once a day to smear it ...>
To relieve the pain in the knee, reducing the edema well helps in cases of an ice compress tendinite. The mode of physical exertion should be revised. For treatment, the specialist will appoint a short course of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - Indomethacin, Ortophen.
All non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are distinguished by a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract, so it is necessary to apply them orally with diseases of the digestive organs with caution and only with a stomach filled with a stomach.
The pain in the arthritis of the knee joint is enhanced in the position of incomplete bending or when extension. There is a massive swelling in front of the patella.
In the initial stages, when the destruction is minimal, the traditional treatment scheme works well:
- anesthesia and inflammation of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Treatment aimed at restoring joints - physiotherapy, massage, leaf, mud, folk remedies.
In the running cases of knee arthritis, the only possible and effective treatment becomes operational Replacement of Sustav .For the treatment of pain in the knee joint and improving flexing / extension functions, warming ointments from pain in the joints are well helped - Finalgon, Histalgon.
Verified, but forgotten, the way to calm pain in arthritis is dry heat. You need to bite your knees with a woolen handkerchief. Sheep wool is best helped, but if it is not, then anyone will suit.
Ears and injury
With a fairly active lifestyle, for example, athletes, knee injuries - phenomenon frequent. Ears, dislocation - knee joints sick from them, swell soft tissues around the injured articulation and there are difficulties in bending.
Treatment in injuries is to ensure the brave knee, a significant reduction in the burden on the joint. To reduce the swelling, you can use resinking ointments with bodic. Immediately after the injury, they make an ice compress for removing swelling, and dry heat is already shown for the next day.
When knees hurt, especially if they do not bend, they can be treated with folk remedies:
- Pieces of swine bawrs put a thin layer on the joint, fasten with a duct scarf and leave for 12 hours;
- Minds of amansorov (1 measure of mushrooms pour 1 measure of vodka and insist in a dark place for 30 days). Rub into swollen knee 2 times a day;
- You can make compresses of yellow clay;
- To remove the edema, if the knee is swollen, make baths from sabelnik bears, mint, fir and eucalyptus.
We must not forget that using folk remedies, it is necessary to carry out therapeutic treatment. They complement the action of medicines, but do not replace them.
Black radish will help to combat deposits of salt salts in the knee. Every day you need to eat before eating 2-3 tablespoons of grated vegetable without salt. Baths from food soda (1 tablespoon per liter water can also cope with the same problem, after which it is good to lubricate the knee-naked olive or sunflower oil, oil solution of vitamin A.
The physical burden on the sore leg at the time when the knees hurt, it is important to carefully control and increase, only if any positive shifts occurred in treatment.
You should reconsider the power mode, adjust the diet up to increase the consumption of vegetables and fruits, reduce weight.
How to forget about pain in the joints?
- Sustainacles restrict your movements and a full life ...
- You are worried about discomfort, crunch and systematic pain ...
- Perhaps you tried a bunch of medicines, creams and ointments ...
- But judging by the fact that you read these lines - they didn't help you so much ...
But orthopedist Valentin Dikul claims that there is a really effective remedy for joint pain! Read more >>>
Pain in the knee May occur when driving (walking or flexion). With a decrease in the load on the knee in many cases, the pain passes. But after some time, pain usually occurs again. Quite often, people get used to the fact that they have painful knees, trying to limit movement and load, but it is the wrong way. Many knee diseases are developing gradually years, and if they are not treated, the symptoms will be exacerbated by the time of the human quality of life and freedom of movement.
Knee pain can be caused by injury. This is the most common cause. The knee injury usually occurs with one of the following circumstances:
- a strong blow to the knee or kick knee about a solid subject;
- the fall;
- Sharp excessive or uncharacteristic joint bend.
As a result, the injury may occur a fracture, dislocation, damage to tendons or ligaments, damage to meniscovers (cartilage shock absorbers that perform the role of laying between bones in the joint).
In case of injury, an acute pain is observed, the knee swells. Possible occurrence of hematoma (bruise), blood supply disorder (in this case, skin covers are pale, the knee is counting, the feeling of cold and tingling may occur).
When meniscopathy (damage to the meniscus), the sharp pain passes after 2-3 weeks. But the consequences of injury can be felt years, in the form of exacerbations - the return of pain during load or unsuccessful movement.
Damage to the knee can be caused not only to a one-time effect (injury), but also by factors acting for a long time. After all, the knee joint is not only one of the most complex in the human body, but also carries significant loads, especially when walking - almost all the load falls on him. The load may be excessive. Diseases of the knee joint are possible from professional athletes, as well as in people whose work is related to carrying weights or long walking.
As a result of such loads, the brusitis of the knee joint may develop (inflammation of the synovial bag), tendiosis, tendiosis (cunning tissue disease), as well as some other diseases.
Arthrosis of the knee joint (osteoarthritis of the knee joint, gonatronomy) is a degenerative-dystrophic disease of the joint, that is, pathological changes caused by the destruction (primarily by physical wear) and the nutritional disorders of the tissue of the joint. Primary arthrosis is usually due to age-related changes and is bilateral. Secondary arthrosis is also possible - a consequence of other diseases of the joint, for example, such as arthritis, gout, and the like.
The first symptoms of gonartroz are the pain in the knee, appearing when lifting the stairs, getting out of the position in squatting, walking on long distances. Pain, as a rule, is accompanied by a crunch and sensation of compresses in the joint. At the initial stage of the disease, the knee does not hurt.
Read more about Arthrisakh
The arthritis of the knee joint is an inflammatory disease of the joint, which can be caused by various reasons - and degenerative changes in the articular cartilage (that is, in this case, arthritis is preceded by osteoarthritis), and infection. There are various types of arthritis - post-traumatic, jet, rheumatoid, gout. The most often occurs rheumatoid arthritis caused by impaired immune system.
In arthritis, pain may be observed and at rest (at night the pain is enhanced). Physical exertion (walking) also leads to increased pain. The pain is manifested with full bending or knee extension. The most comfortable sick feels if his knee is semi-bent.
The pain in the knee is accompanied by swelling (swelling) of the joint, redness in the joint area. The joint can be hot to the touch.
The isolated inflammation of the knee joint is rarely observed and most often in young age. In most cases, the arthritis of the knee joint is only a particular case of multiple lesions of the joints (polyarthritis), and then the pain in the knee is combined with pain and other joints.Read more about arthritis
Other causes of knee pain
Knee pain can also be caused:
- Coxarthrosis (arthrosis of the hip joint). In this case, the pain in the knee is reflected in character (irradiages in the knee of the hip joint);
- Blood joint impairment. Such pain is characteristic of adolescents during active growth;
- bone tumors (benign and malignant);
- Some other diseases.
Knee Pain: What to do?
First of all, you should exclude or reduce the load on the knee joint. Invalid exercise, long walking, sharp movements. Recommended several times a day to ensure the joint full of peace.
In case of injuries, immobilization of the limb can ease pain, applying ice. It is advisable to place the leg to provide a high knee location.
Refer to the doctor to establish the cause of pain and start effective treatment. Be sure to consult a doctor , if a:
- pain does not allow foot;
- The knee was swollen, flushed, there is an increase in temperature;
- The knee is deformed (for example, the view of one knee differs from the other);
- Knee pain is constant.
In Moscow, the treatment of pain in the knees is carried out in the Polyclinics of the Family Doctor JSC.
What doctor to contact the knee in pain?
With the knee pain best turn to the orthopedist trauma
or surgeon. In the case of chronic knee pain, a rheumatologist can assist help. In order to relieve pain, they also address the physiotherapist, masseuse or manual therapist.
Treatment of pain in the knee
In order for the treatment of pain in the knee, it is effective, first a survey, helps to establish the cause of pain. Such a survey may include:
Treatment of pain in the knee caused by injury may require bones, overlapping plaster, orthoses, if necessary, removal of bone fragments - operational intervention.
With inflammatory diseases of the knee, a comprehensive treatment is carried out, including the use of various groups of medical preparations, physiotherapy, massage, therapeutic physical education. PRP therapy (injections enriched with patient's own blood plasma plasma) can be carried out.
Suddenly emerged pain and edema in the knee are able to deliver a complete set of troubles associated with the inability to fully move. After all, if the knee is swollen, then it is already difficult to go extra one hundred meters in a smooth surface, not to mention the need to climb up the stairs or get up from the sofa.
What if the pain and edema in the knee worried you not for a joke? First, no accurate diagnosis of the causes of your disease cannot be appointed adequate treatment. Secondly, this is perhaps the main thing in our conditions of accessibility of any medicines, it is categorically not necessary to take pills unsystematic and without appointing a doctor.
The reasons for which the knee swells and hurts The most frequent causes of the knee edema are arthrosis and all sorts of injuries. If the pain appeared suddenly after exercise, and the knee joint has increased and the swelling - most likely you have bonds or meniscus. If you can't remember any external influences on the joint, it is likely to assume the aggravation of the armhosis of the knee (more in our article "Arthrosis of the knee joint" ) or Acute arthritis
- . Here is a list of possible causes of eath and pain in the knee:
- Injury ligaments, meniscus or joint capsules.
- Hemarthrosis of the joint as a result of the bruise.
- Acute arthritis of all sorts of forms (infectious, reactive, etc.).
- Arthrosis of the knee joint in the exacerbation phase.
Baker's cyst break and others.
It is impossible to ignore the pain in the knee
No matter how the diagnosis is confirmed after the examination, none of the above options is absolutely safe for the joint. Such symptoms like pain and knee edema do not pass without a trace, leaving their trace on the physical possibilities of a person, including on its mobility. Non-treated knee enemy can lead to chronic pain, tightness, restriction of bending and extension, which ultimately leads to the inability to fully walk. Therefore, it is important to make a diagnosis in time and begin treatment, contacting a qualified physician.
Pros and Cons of Drug Treatment
With a knee edema, standard therapy methods are fluid pumping (joint puncture), the introduction of anti-inflammatory and hormonal drugs into it, and then a long-term receipt of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents). Many people, afraid of injections, are limited to the fact that they buy the first drug in the pharmacy on the basis of only the foundation that his relative was accepted or a pharmacist advised him. Thus, besides the mass of side effects, they receive a non-coherent joint, which soon begins to hurt even stronger, and spoiled stomach or liver. We regularly have to see such patients in the most launched stage of the disease, when even osteopathy is unable to return them full mobility in the knee joint.
Cause - then treatment
The Osteopath doctor owns the same techniques as the usual doctor to whom you come to the reception in the clinic with complaints of the pain in the knee. However, in addition to standard academic knowledge, the doctors of our Center are held a three-year training course on osteopathy - science, which is engaged in the study of the biomechanics of the human body.
The knee joint is one of the key in our organism, it ensures the stability of the body in space, shocks the blows, protecting our spine. Therefore, any pathology of the knee is very closely and deeply connected with biomechanical disorders of the whole body - from the foot to the upper-cervical spine. Only the doctor Osteopitis sublip over the deep causes of diseases such as arthritis, arthritis and prevent injuries.
Do not pull with inspection
We do not make punctures and injections into the joint, do not conduct orthopedic operations. If a patient comes to us, to whom the operation is shown without any doubt, we send it to the hospital. But at the same time, we try to prevent such an outcome and the need for surgical treatment, since any interference in the body leaves an indelible trace.
Therefore, do not pull with an osteopath inspection, do not treat yourself, do not give in to the persuasion to cure everything and immediately with one shock. Our body is wiser than tablets and hormonal drugs, help him become healthy, without waiting for complications.Article author:
Goal Galina Nikolaevna
Osteopath doctor, orthopedist. Specialization: problems of the musculoskeletal system in children, headaches, neurosis in children, treatment of stuttering.
Specify the reception time of the specialist Breed or injury - the most common causes of swelling and pain in the knee joint, but not the only ones. If you have hurts and swells knee without injury
The priority task is to find out the diagnosis. The edema of the knee is infrequently available by an independent disease, usually this is a symptom indicating certain diseases. In any case, it is impossible to delay a visit to the specialist - the earlier treatment will be started, the greater the chance of success.
When the knee swells and does not hurt Knee pain
- accompanied by swelling - a serious symptom that should not be left without attention. This is not the case when it is possible to count that pathology will be held independently. To pain and edema can lead: Press form arthritis. If a knee swollen without bruise and hurt
- , there is a chance that it is a symptom of an inflammatory disease characterized by the intake of uric acid in the tissue. Strong pain is felt and with a comfortable position of the leg, and the slightest movement makes the pain stronger. The attacks are intensified at night, the skin becomes red first, then acquires a blue shade. Rheumatoid variety of arthritis. An autoimmune disease that provokes the destruction of the joints. Besides knee swollen without bruise and burning
- The patient may notice that in the morning the joints will be difficult, compound - this unpleasant sensation usually disappears after half an hour. Arthritis, the nature of which is infectious. Inflammation caused by ingestion of different bacteria-causative agents. It can be staphylococci, streptococci, mycobacterium tuberculosis. The symptoms of acute arthritis looks like this: knee swollen without bruise, sore, temperature
- Raises, appears red.
- Osteoarthritis. The knee does not just swell, but loses its mobility - movements are accompanied by clicks and painful sensations. After a long walk or intense physical exertion, the pain becomes more pronounced.
- Hoff disease is characterized by inflammation of the body body in the joint, which is not associated with infectious pathogens. The main symptoms are strong swelling, discomfort and pain when trying to bend the leg.
- Bursitis - common pathology is characterized by inflammation of the synovial bag. It is possible to put a preliminary diagnosis on yourself: when ferursite you can find the seal, the knee becomes red, edema, when walking, the pain becomes more pronounced. Tendinit. If a knee swollen without bruise caused
- There may be inflammation of tendons, that is, tendinitis. At the initial stage of the disease, symptoms are manifested only with excessive loads, as inflammation develops, pain appears and at rest.
Another common cause of malaise - meniscopathy. The symptoms of this pathology are represented by a violation of the strength of the meniscus, the formation of a cyst, a change in the structure of tissues. Edema is preserved constantly, and pain occurs with increasing loads. As you can see, answers to the question, why swollen knee without bruise and hurts , weight. It is impossible to determine the diagnosis independently - errors in this matter can lead to irreparable harm to health. Therefore, with a question what to do and than to treat if knee swollen without bruised
, It is necessary to sign up for reception to experienced specialists.
First aid and treatment for pain and tumor in the knee
- It makes no sense to talk about the methods of traditional medicine in the case of swollen knees - self-medication in this case can lead to catastrophic health effects. However, situations happen when it is important to be able to provide yourself with the first help:
- It is important to limit movement by foot, and it is better to provide for some period the maximum rest. If there is no opportunity to lie down, try to regularly sit down and raise your leg - the more time you spend in this posture, the less pronounced swelling;
- Apply every twenty minutes to the knee cold compress. Note, you should not apply ice directly to the skin - there must be a layer of tissue between the cold compress and knee;
Use painkillers. Reduce pain will help the rubbing composition consisting of eucalyptus oil and children's cream (1: 1). If folk methods do not help, drink nimesulide tablet, ketonal or other painkillers. Do not forget that first aid is not a complete treatment. If a the knee is not bend and swallow without bruise refer to the doctors, in the clinic for treatment of spine and joints
. The correct diagnosis and an individually compiled treatment plan will help to eliminate the problem. Now you know, what to do if knee swollen without bruise